You should seek out a genetic counselor if anyone has:
- Been identified as being a “Fragile X premutation carrier” or have positive, inconclusive, or in any way unusual Fragile X testing results.
- A family member who has been identified as being a premutation carrier of a Fragile X mutation
- A child or family member diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome or any of the Fragile X-associated disorders
- A family or personal history of undiagnosed intellectual disabilities, autism, or learning disorders
- Symptoms of any of the Fragile X-associated disorders, including infertility, early menopause, and/or adult-onset neurological or movement disorders).
Learn more about genetic counseling at: